In designing not just our community, but also the choices we offer our residents, we have made a commitment to address the needs of the mind, body and spirit of the individuals in our care.
A wide variety of activities are offered – activities are geared toward the individual preferences of the resident. Opportunities to participate include such activities as gardening, news and discussions groups, bible study, manicures, miniature golf, and numerous outings in our health center van. Want to play a game of checkers one on one? Want to travel to one of our local museums or restaurants? Regardless of your preference for activities, our program is tailored to meet your individualized interest.
The special services residents are offered provide opportunities for continued growth and staying in touch with special interests each of them may have.
- Personal Services – Hair dresser, pedicures, on-site podiatrist, wheelchair-accessible transportation for medical appointments and facility-planned social outings, private duty personnel for companion services, nutrition and diet consultation by our staff registered dietician, group exercise classes to keep the body and mind active
- Special Outings – About Town trips, outings to local restaurants, weekly socials, musical concerts, cookouts, movie nights, with van service to and from these activities
- Support Group – Dementia care support group
- Continuing Education – Computer classes, e-mail assistance
- Accommodations to Share in Family Time – Dining services for coordination and catering of special events, opportunities to dine with your loved one during one of our meals in the dining rooms, special family parties, comfortable lounge and private dining spaces for family events
- Technology – Wireless internet access throughout Meadowbrook including in resident rooms. A computer for resident and family use is located in the Den Retreat and Family Lounge.
As a part of our family, we invite you to:
- Stimulate your mind, by enjoying an outing to area museums, cultural events and restaurants
- Maintain your body, participate in our group exercise classes or enjoy an afternoon retreat to Meadowbrook Park with friends and family
- Renew your spirit, by relaxing with family and friends in the lounge or on the porch that overlooks our indoor aviary and outdoor gardens … or taking part in weekly faith-based studies and services
Meadowbrook's Activity Calendar can be found here.